Re: Gpib support?

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 18:34:33 +0000
Clifford Haight <chaight%nanostring.com@localhost> wrote:

> Does netbsd had any gpib support,

Yes, see sys/dev/gpib or ports/hp300 for examples.

> I have a GPIB-SCSI-A that I was wondering if would work with netbsd.

I don't think that would work.

> I also might be interest in try the sbus adapter.   I know the sbus
> gpib adapter isn't listed in the supported hardware.   Unfortunately
> NI will not provide a driver any more for solaris.

I have such a card myself, unfortunately there is no documentation and
I don't have any GPIB or HPIB devices to test with anyway - all my hp300
gear stayed on the other side of the atlantic.
That said, I would not the tiniest bit surprised if the SBus GPIB cards
are really just using one of National Instruments' ISA chips behind
some SBus glue logic - the ISA variant is supported by the cec driver.

have fun
Michael