Re: Steps to take after updating the Boot ROM?

Ah!, yes ofcourse! I checked all the diag envs again, and sure enought
diag-switch? was set to true. The output further down will say why I
didn't spot that before.

I did set auto-boot? to false before running printenv. Which stops it
from booting over the network.

Type b (boot), c (continue), or n (new command mode)
Type help for more information
ok printenv
Parameter Name        Value                          Default Value

selftest-#megs        1                              1
output-device         screen                         screen
input-device          keyboard                       keyboard
sbus-probe-list       0123                           0123
keyboard-click?       false                          false
keymap
ttyb-rts-dtr-off      false                          false
ttyb-ignore-cd        true                           true
ttya-rts-dtr-off      false                          false
ttya-ignore-cd        true                           true
ttyb-mode             9600,8,n,1,-                   9600,8,n,1,-
ttya-mode             9600,8,n,1,-                   9600,8,n,1,-
fcode-debug?          false                          false
diag-file
diag-device           net                            net
boot-file             netbsd
boot-device           disk3:a                        disk
auto-boot?            false                          true
watchdog-reboot?      false                          false
local-mac-address?    false                          false
creen-#columns       80                             80
screen-#rows          34                             34
scsi-initiator-id     7                              7
use-nvramrc?          false                          false
nvramrc
sunmon-compat?        true                           true
security-mode         none                           none
security-password
security-#badlogins   341704883                      <no default>
oem-logo                                             <no default>
oem-logo?             false                          false
oem-banner                                           <no default>
oem-banner?           false                          false
hardware-revision     .G.¼.T.:...á.¨

Then it prints a special character that locks the terminal, so I don't
know what comes next.

Now I wonder how I can set the hardware-revision to something that
doesn't lock my terminal.

I have replaced the battery of the NVRAM so it should be fine. It was
flat when I got it, and it remembers that disk0:0 is the boot device
(which is odd, since id 3 is default).