Re: hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:48:42 +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> has anybody attempted something like this? I tried a bit with the HDD
> configuration pins. I suspect it is a termination problem, because
> the SS10 is tricky about that. Any hints?

I have sort of been where you are, long ago, and it seems the SS10 is a
picky beast when it comes to internal scsi:

<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2000/09/21/0001.html>
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2000/09/21/0011.html>
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2000/10/12/0003.html>

-- I guess, your best bet is an external enclosure. While you're there,
look around for a wide scsi sbus controller, and matching enclosure.

Better for the CPU(s), too -- these boxes get hot, and I lost four
SM71s in an SS20 over time to cache memory defects.

HTH,
hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>