Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 6/26/2012 19:28, Dan Oglesby wrote:

Yeah, I had to buy an EPROM programmer/burner in order to get my own sun4c
stuff to install the latest NetBSD a while back.  If it can help anyone else,
I'm happy to do what I can.

I have a small pile of the AMD EPROM chips as well.  Let me know what the model
number is for your IPX, and I'll see if I have something compatible.

I do not have the firmware for the IPX, but I think someone else just posted a
link that might be useful.  I'll go see if I can download it from there.

If there's a way to hex-dump the PROM on the working IPX (ideally without removing it) to duplicate it then that might work even better. I know the one PROM works fine, the other one is a couple tenths behind (2.7 versus 2.5 or something like that).

Both of these should be model 4/50's. The motherboards have Hobbes silkscreened on.