Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 6/26/2012 03:15, ..I'd rather be coding ASM! wrote:

I have two IPXes.  One is currently running NetBSD 5.1 and is my ntp
server with GPS receiver.  The other is waiting for an OS but I'm
having difficulty installing NetBSD because the bootloader does not
like the OBP version. Still haven't figured out how to work around
that problem.

Have you tried netboot or the tape boot option?

On topic.. you might consider a prom update. Pretty simple 29/27 series
chips afair.

Additionally, there's some good scsi<->cf adapters also if you're having
trouble findign disks under the 2/8gb barrier.

Al

I haven't tried a netboot yet, that was going to be my next option. The tape drive that I have is dead so there's no tape boot option for me right now.

I've not found any documentation for performing a PROM update. If you've got a link, I'd be glad to look.

As for disks I'm ok for now. Both IPXes have 1GB installed disks and I have a few JBOD quad-pack boxes that are populated.