Re: Relabel disk?

On 12/1/2011 22:49, River Tarnell wrote:

AGC:
It was only split into swap and root.  I'll just have to
bite the bullet and reinstall.  Fortunately most of the data is
located on the external disk packs so I won't lose much by
reinstalling.

If you wait about an hour, I can build you a sparc 5.1 install CD with
scan_ffs on it.  No guarantees it'll work, I don't have any SPARC
hardware here at the moment.

Thanks River but it's ok. I don't want to waste anyone's time any more than I already have. It was my own stupidity that manged to mangle the disklabel so I just have to deal with it. The things I needed most are fortunately on a separate disk so I don't lose much except some configurations which I do have archived. I just need to make sure the disks don't get unlabeled again.

In case anyone is wondering, I blew away the disk labels by accident when I was setting up two ccd drives (sd1 and sd2, sd3 is a standard drive and sd0 is the root drive). Fat fingered the keyboard and typed /dev/sd0 where I should have typed /dev/sd1 and poof! away it went. The lesson is: do not perform system maintenance at 3 AM after only four hours sleep the night before. Bad Things (TM) will happen.