re: upgrading from old 2.4.x to 5.0.x

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, matthew green wrote:

plain GENERIC should work fine if the system has multiple CPUs.
if that fails, please file a PR or at least show some more info?

anyone want to help look at the SMP problem?

Sorry for the ultra-long delay with this. Finally I have the target machine running again so I'm going to investigate more about upgrading it. If need be I can take out a CPU module and run with a single module. That will save quite a bit of power too which is good for my electricity bill. 8-)

Craig.

--
Craig Dewick - Adelaide Australia - Web: http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";
Email: cdewick%nos.lios.apana.org.au@localhost - SunShack: