Re: Re (2): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

>> Going to /bin/sh in the Utilities and issueing "fdisk -l" gives
>> nothing.  Tips?
> Don't use fdisk on a NetBSD/sparc, that is what disklabel and newfs
> is for.

Well, that's what disklabel and newfs are for on i386 too.

More to the point, NetBSD/sparc doesn't use peecee-style MBR labels,
which are what fdisk works with, so it has no use for fdisk.

If sysinst can't find any disks for use with NetBSD, it's pretty much
certain they're not being found by the boot sequence for some reason.
What I'd suggest, if you can manage it, is to capture the boot messages
somehow.  One way would be to do a diskless install and run dmesg from
that.  Another would be to use serial console.  If all else fails, a
ten-finger copy of what you see on the screen when you boot -s and it's
sitting at the "give me a shell name" prompt would help some.

What sort of disk do you _think_ the machine has?  In particular, how
is it connected, powered, enclosed, etc?

> Watch the boot messages for the disk names and hand the one(s) you
> want of to disklabel to partition them.

That will work only if autoconf finds them.  I don't think it is or, I
believe, sysinst would be listing them.

\ / Ribbon Campaign