Re: Threaded lang/perl5 on sparc?

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 08:55:28PM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:
>   Any update on this?  Have you had a chance to look into why this perl
> test case fails on a netbsd-5 sparc?

I tested with -curent as of late last week and had two tests fail for
me on a non-SMP kernel: ext/threads-shared/t/stress.t

which turned out to be just slow cpu:

                            # Randomize the amount of work the thread does
                            my $sum;
                            for (0..(500000+int(rand(500000)))) {
                                $sum++
                            }

If you reduce both 500000 to 5000 the test works. I'm not sure how to
best patch this, maybe have a timing loop run before the main test
loop and scale the per-thread loop according to the results? Or,
since it is only a test, just report upstream and have them find a
proper solution?

The other failing test is lib/Archive/Extract/t/01_Archive-Extract.t,
will look into that next.

I will also look at the _lwp_ctrl() failure on SMP kernels.

Martin