Re: [NetBSD 5.99.23] kern_lwp cannot allocate memory

matthew green a écrit :

        Some news.

        With the last kernel patches, my SS20 seems to be stable enough to
    build userland with -j2 and runs some tests. Some programs return
    segmentation fault or lwpctl allocation error (and these errors are
    reproductible).

great!

        On console, kernel prints :

    xcall(cpu1,0xf0008cd4): couln't ping cpu:

    but without any cpu number. sys/arch/sparc/sparc/cpu.c should write CPU
    number. Thus, as I have installed two RT626 modules, cpi->msg.complete
    is not null for all cpus. I don't understand why this loop is made more
    than 100000 times and ends without printing cpu number. Only solution I
    see is a modification of cpi->msg.complete after exactly 100000
    iterations, but it's improbable.

well, this is sort of common.  what happens is that the time it takes
for cpu1 to print "xcall(cpu1,0xf0008cd4): couln't ping cpu:" out the
serial port, cpu0 has already finished doing what it was doing..

this shouldn't really happen, but it does.. :-)

I don't use serial port. That's why I find message about xcall very strange...

        Regards,

        JKB