re: [NetBSD 5.99.23] kern_lwp cannot allocate memory

        Some news.

        With the last kernel patches, my SS20 seems to be stable enough to
   build userland with -j2 and runs some tests. Some programs return
   segmentation fault or lwpctl allocation error (and these errors are
   reproductible).

great!

        On console, kernel prints :

   xcall(cpu1,0xf0008cd4): couln't ping cpu:

   but without any cpu number. sys/arch/sparc/sparc/cpu.c should write CPU
   number. Thus, as I have installed two RT626 modules, cpi->msg.complete
   is not null for all cpus. I don't understand why this loop is made more
   than 100000 times and ends without printing cpu number. Only solution I
   see is a modification of cpi->msg.complete after exactly 100000
   iterations, but it's improbable.

well, this is sort of common.  what happens is that the time it takes
for cpu1 to print "xcall(cpu1,0xf0008cd4): couln't ping cpu:" out the
serial port, cpu0 has already finished doing what it was doing..

this shouldn't really happen, but it does.. :-)

.mrg.