Re: cgthree wscons issues

>                                               There are two problems
> that are immediately apparent: 1) Characters with the bold attribute
> don't print. The background and foreground colors are black and light
> grey, respectively, if that makes a difference. 2) After the kernel
> probes the cgthree and wscons attaches, the screen isn't cleared, so
> that characters are printed over the openfirmware console messages which
> remain in the background (for lack of clearer terminology).

The commit in:

  http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2008/12/29/msg214585.html

almost fixes the screen clearing problem.  (The screen is cleared with a
black background, even with WS_DEFAULT_BG=WSCOL_LIGHT_WHITE in the kernel
config).  It is more readable now though.

For the attributes, the current code only supports reverse video (see the
handling of 'm' in src/sys/dev/wscons/wsemul_sun.c:wsemul_sun_control).
Bold and underline support need to be added (they are already supported by
the VT100 emulation).

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/