Re: Best release for an old SPARCclassic

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 04:03:42PM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:

> On May 12, 2008, at 15:46, Ganimede wrote:
>
> >Performance, it is a problem... I use it as samba, nfs, DHCP, DNS
> >server... and sometime I use PostgreSQL as db for my cd/lp
> >collection. All work file but if I use and old NetBSD release...
> >can it be faster then 3.1 ?
>
> Good question, you might want non-broken threading support though and
> then -current is the way to go.

Eh? I've not used NetBSD much recently, and certainly not on SPARC since
about 3.1, but I thought threading would have been fixed in 4 considering
it's been broken since 2.0. Not a rant at anyone, just an observation.

For reference, does -current fix scheduler activations, or just dump
the mess for a 1:1 threading model?

<sound of dust being blown off classic...>

Christian