Re: Sun LX Kernel config

> The LX has a CG6 soldered to the mainboard - if it's there you might
> as well use it, for its age the blitter is pretty fast.

I saw a design description (popularization, nothing technical) which
claimed a design goal was that the limiting factor was incoming bus
bandwidth.  I don't think they quite managed it, or there wouldn't be
queue-draining operations (and the bits that drive them), but they came
pretty close.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost