bootp could not connect to server (no source for :.)

Hi,

I've got two questions about an O² I recovered. First, I've got troubles using the serial console. I can see the text but it doesn't respond to inputs. I need to press '5' to access the command monitor and nothing happens. Maybe that's related to my terminal though, I'll have to run another tests.

Also in graphics mode, with a ps/2 keyboard plugged in, when I try to bootp (there's a netbsd install server on the network, with dhcpd.conf: allow bootp; and filename "netbsd"; in it and tftp serving /tftpboot/netbsd which is unzipped NetBSD-5.0.2/sgimips/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL32_IP3x.gz), I get this error,
        No server for :.
        [sgi troubleshooting messages...]
        [...] bootp [...] could not connect to server

Any help, feedback or experience on those two issues would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pierre-Philipp