Re: SGI O2 R12 NetBSD5.1 - good but some problems

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:44:46 +0000
info%tamasi.org@localhost wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2011, at 20:45, George Harvey wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:19:00 +0000 (UTC) roop <info%tamasi.org@localhost>
> > wrote:

> > Yes, I get the "error 4' messages too and I agree they do seem to be
> > related to network activity. In particular, I can fairly reliably hang
> > my box by sending a largish file (around 100MB) to another system using
> > FTP. Doesn't always hang on the first transfer but will after running a
> > few consecutive transfers.

Some further info...
I tried an old 3Com PCI Ethernet card in my O2 and I still get "cpu
error 4" and it hangs after a few large FTP transmits. So the problem
is not confined to the on-board Ethernet. Curiously, large FTP receives
seem to work fine.

> There are some small updates in NetBSD-current I was going to try.
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/sgimips/mace/

I'll be interested to hear if they make a difference.

George