Re: 5.1_RC2 panics during install on indy

On Mon, 31 May 2010 11:27:34 -0700
"Stephen M. Rumble" <rumble%cs.stanford.edu@localhost> wrote:

> It's quicker for me just to tell you than to generate a patch. In
> src/sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/wdsc.c, if you change the following
>     sc->sc_clkfreq = 200;
>     sc->sc_dmamode = SBIC_CTL_BURST_DMA;
>     sc->sc_clkfreq = 100;
>     sc->sc_dmamode = SBIC_CTL_DMA;
> you should get about the 4.0 behaviour (no fast scsi, wrong clock, no burst
> dma).

Back home now, and built a patched kernel using my R4600 box. Moved the
disk over to the R5000 box and accidently booted the GENERIC kernel
instead of the patched version. Somewhat to my surprise, that was
successful, goes multiuser and is currently compiling some test
programs. The panics I saw with the INSTALL kernel were SCSI related so
I'm going to run some disk/filesystem test programs on both the INSTALL
and GENERIC kernels to see what happens.

George