Re: 5.1_RC2 panics during install on indy

On May 28, 2010, at 3:45 PM, George Harvey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I'd give 5.1_RC2 a try on my Indy but I haven't been able to
> complete the install, I get the same panic at different points each
> time I try it:
>
> wdsc0: TAG reselect without IDENTIFY; MSG 0; sending DEVICE RESET
> wdsc0: TAG reselect without IDENTIFY; MSG 0; sending DEVICE RESET
> panic: MSGOUT with no nexus
> Stopped in pid 0.2 (system) at  0x882dbfa4:     jr      ra
>                bdslot: nop
> db> bt
> 0+882dbfa4 (97ffe000,d,0,cba03d74) ra 0 sz 0
> User-level: pid 0.2
> db>
>
> My Indy is a 150MHz R5000SC model with 256Mb RAM and the disk is a 4.3GB
> IBM DCAS-34330. Does this look like a disk error or a kernel problem?

What prior version were you running? I made several small changes between
NetBSD-4 and NetBSD-5:
    - Added fast scsi support to WD33C93B.
    - Set the appropriate (I'm pretty sure) clock divisor for the scsi chipset.
    - Started using burst dma mode, rather than dma mode.

Could be something else entirely, but if you're interested in building an
install kernel I could provide a two line patch to effectively revert the above.

Steve