Re: poor network performace of mec on R10000 O2

On 25 Sep 2009, at 19:58, Michael wrote:

does anyone have any ideas? i spoke to jmcneill about it and he thinks its the fact i have a R10K cpu.

Probably, I'm not sure we have the hardware R10k workaround enabled and I can't test for lack of R10k hardware.

Is this an easy test to do i can probably set you up an account on my machine or can check for you.

I just did a quick google to see if these issues were happening in openbsd. Not sure if this is related but they implement 2 different caching schemes one for R5 and 1 for R10-16. Wonder if its worth installing openbsd and seeing if they have fixed the issues and if so trying to find out how they did it.

Mark