Re: SoC projects for NetBSD/sgimips

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:33:35PM +1100, Max Matveev wrote:
IIRC sgi prom cannot grok ISO and expects sgi boot header on CD, it
loads sash from the volume header and then sash loads Irix kernel from
efs partition on CD.

Yes, we prepend a volume header to the ISO. I don't realy care if the kernel
is in the volume header or the ISO part as long as it just works, but
adjusting the available libsa ISO9660 support to find the iso part of the
CD behind the volume header should be very simple and this makes the whole
solution more flexible - now that we have accelerated X support, imagine
a NetBSD destkop CD booting on O2 ;-}

        Woo.. NetBSD/sgimips live cd :)