Re: O2 framebuffer problems with install kernel

On Jul 28, 2008, at 6:10 PM, Stephen Borrill wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
macallan%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

- - it works fine on R5k O2s

Erm no, I reported the problems and I've got a 180MHz R5k O2.

Ok, it works on (some|most) R5k O2s. Mine's got a 200MHz/1MB cache
CPU module and 256MB RAM, I do have a 180MHz/512kB module somewhere,
I'll dig it up and see if it changes anything.

Mine is also R5K 180MHz/512k and has the same problem.

Anyway, it looks just a simple DMA-cache issue and
the attached patch seems to fix it.
[snip]

Yes, that gets it working. Excellent!

Same here. What are the implications of that patch? Is that The Right Thing?

I can't get it to respond to a PS/2 keyboard after it's booted up though (I don't know whether I could before - I couldn't see anything on the screen!)

Mine works (at least at the 'root device' prompt).