Re: O2 framebuffer problems with install kernel

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Jorge Acereda <jacereda%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:

> In any case, I've hardcoded the resolution in the code to 1024x768,
> now it seems to initialize crmfb0, but I still get the same result.
> Well, I get more horizontal white strips, which probably means it's
> printing more stuff than before. It was probably dying earlier because
> it didn't find a properly initialized console.

I think the problem should be an unitialized register. I've compiled
with CRMFB_DEBUG enabled. I had to tweak some register names, because
CRIME_MTE_SRC_STRIDE and CRIME_MTE_DST_STRIDE seem to be called now
CRIME_MTE_SRC_Y_STEP and CRIME_MTE_DST_Y_STEP (anyone with CVS access
can fix those?).

The screen is still garbled, but this time, I see some green and white
garbage, that is probably the kernel messages being printed in green.
But the result is clearly different.

BTW, is 8 bpp the only depth supported at the moment?