Port-sandpoint archive

Re: How to enable poweroff in D-LINK DSM-G600

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:31:45 +0100
Charles Brown <obigiankenobi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> dpwroff(struct satmgr_softc *sc)
> {
>     send_sat(sc, "ZWC\n");
> }
> In my dsm-g600, this permits the power off of the unit via software.

Does it really work for you? I knew about the command, but on my DSM-G600
it didn't do anything.

Maybe we have different revisions (I remember that you also had a
different acardide(4) revision) of the PIC, or the PIC-software?

Does "ZWC" switch off immediately?

Can you test the following modification, which is intended to work
with both revisions?

static void
dpwroff(struct satmgr_softc *sc)

        send_sat(sc, "ZWC\n");

         * When this line is reached, then this board revision doesn't
         * support hardware-shutdown, so we flash the power LED
         * to indicate that the device can be switched off.
        send_sat(sc, "SYN\nSYN\n");

        /* drops into default power-off handling (looping forever) */

Frank Wille