Re: Problems on TS-101

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:22:24 +0200
Oscar Molin <oscarmolin%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> What's your guess? Is altboot overwriting its own memory space?

I think I found the problem with altboot!

It is not the compiler, although gcc 4.1.3 seemed to hide the bug
a little better, but a bug which had always been there in altboot and
could have been the source for multiple instabilities:

We had forgotten to disable interrupts when starting altboot! This may
have some unpleasant effects, as U-Boot's exception handlers are still
in place.

The new version seems rock-solid. Please try it:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/sandpoint/altboot.bin.gz

--
Frank Wille