Re: Problems on TS-101

>When all that doesn't help, there is still a last option for you: boot the
>install kernel from memory.
>
>Additionally to loading altboot.bin with loadb into memory you can load
>netbsd-INSTALL with loadb to a different memory location, e.g. 0x1200000.
>Then run altboot with the argument "mem:1200000" to boot the kernel from
>memory.
>
>Once the machine is set up you no longer have to care about it, because
>then you can load the kernel from disk.
>
>--
>Frank Wille

I tested the current altboot (20th october), but I was unable to boot
with the mem:xxx parameter which is needed to install if you only have
kermit over serial to upload the install-kernel with.

After the first caption is displayed (netbsd/sanpoint altboot xxx), it
just stops without trying to boot any device at all as far as I can
tell.

I installed using an older version and then flashed this new version
again after the kernel was in place on the harddrive.
It does boot well from the harddrive, it turns out.

I used go ffc00000 (where my image is in flash) mem:2000000 as I
always have, and that still works with the old version I have that you
sent me a long time ago.

doesn't work either, go 1000000 mem:2000000 (altboot.bin and
netbsd-install)

/Oscar