Re: DS-207 network failure

Hi,

> I never got the PPCBoot tftp boot to work myself, it just kept
> retrying when transfering.

I only saw that when I had forgotten to put the correct file on the TFTP
server.  So, it might be some TFTP permissions/setup problem.

> In any case, it clearly seems like we both have the same problem with
> the SK network driver.

Yes.  There must be some subtle difference which makes the driver work on
some models but not others.

> If you have any time to spare, download synologys sourcecode and look
> at the SK98 driver they use for your model.
> There has to be a difference between the altboot SK driver and
> synologys SK98 driver that causes this.

Yes.  I will do that.  I have been looking at the main NetBSD SK driver,
and also at the altboot driver up to now.

> The xmit failed message is written by the altboot SK driver, you can
> see this in the sourcecode which isn't too long but not commented in
> detail.

Yep.

> I have setup a machine for compiling altboot but I havn't had the time
> yet to try any changes myself and it's hard to get into it when you
> can't find any detailed datasheets anymore.

Indeed.  Cross-compiling is nice and easy with the NetBSD source set up
(I do this all the time).  I guess that there is also the standard linux
driver to look at.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/