Re: Synology CS 407e: altboot fails to load installer.

I can confirm the light turns on at the first readkey after a short while.
It turns off at the second readkey and then turns on again.
I stop it for interactive mode and then it turns off after xmit failed
when the regular bootloader starts again.
It says 0x54 just as you had on your setup.

The only anomaly I can report is that sometimes it reports 10Mpbs but
most of the times it's 100Mbps.

/Oscar

The only new information I can get to you is