Re: Synology CS 407e: altboot fails to load installer.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I can confirm there is a 88E8001 chip on board.

here is some of the output in debug mode:

MAC address xx:xx....  (correct address)
PHY 0 (0141.0c25)
100Mbps-FDX

xmit failed .....

I had the full output but this was the ones you asked for.
I can't copy paste from my terminal program.

This xmit failed message I assume is a message from net driver,
hopefully from the sk98 driver or whatever you have in altboot for sk.
I guess the "xmit failed" is a failed transmission, possibly of the
first dhcp request message?

If you have any ideas I'll be willing to try it, tough I won't be able
to compile anything myself because I don't run netbsd myself and
setting up a build environment for a noob like me will take all day.

As a note for anyone else trying this hardware, the serial header for
the cubestation 407e is located near the SATA ports and labeled JP2,
pinout is the same as in the sandpoint synology install guide

/Oscar