[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
NAS support ready for upcoming releases
Support for 824x based consumer NAS systems is now ready for the 6.0
Besides MD kernel sources and drivers the following areas have been
- New bootloader altboot (installed as /usr/mdec/altboot.bin).
Can load a kernel from local disk, TFTP or NFS.
- Install script uses appropriate settings and devices for all supported
- New installation notes for NAS. Evaluation board notes were removed.
- The Sandpoint port home page was updated to reflect our new focus on
- There are already detailed preparation instructions for Synology boxes,
and how to build a TTL-RS232 level shifter to access the serial console:
More models will hopefully follow soon.
Tested by the developers themselves and guaranteed to work are:
- KuroBox classic
- Synology DS-101g+
Many others will most likely work too. So please tell us about your
experience with NetBSD/sandpoint on other NAS boxes. Either here on this
mailing list, or mail me (phx@) or Toru Nishimura (nisimura@) directly.
I'm having a lot of fun with my small 16W NetBSD PPC server! :)
Main Index |
Thread Index |