Re: Announcing KuroBox support

Hi,

Joel Carnat <joel%carnat.net@localhost> asked;

I don't have a console on my KuroBox and actually boot NetBSD via the
Linux boot loader.

I have 2 questions regarding this email :
1. does this mean NetBSD can (know) run standalone on the Kurobox ?

This port does not require Linux runtime to run.

2. does the box automatically boots on the network when no disk is installed ?

It's possible, when U-Boot is instructed as
   setenv bootcmd run diskless
   saveenv

I did not mention two prequisites;
1. serial console,
2. U-Boot (it's known stock U-Boot port is useful enough)

"netboot.bin" is a second stage bootloader which works as a functional
bridge between U-Boot and standard ELF NetBSD kernel.  It can be
stored in unoccupied NOR flash space.

IDE/SATA diskboot facility is under developement  When completed, the
entire system will become a genuine self-hosted computer.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology