Port-prep archive

Re: Making boot floppies for 7043-140

Thanks for the response.

The system (as well as a 43p Model 150 CHRP system) were rescues that I was re-prepping before passing them on. I ended up installing AIX 4.3.3 on them and they are now in a holding area, awaiting new owners.

I got a lot of suggestions to use net install, but that is hard to configure in my lab. I collect 32-bit SPARC systems and was hoping to run Solaris 2.5.1 PPC on the -140 but it has an incompatible processor. NetBSD was my preferred alternative.

I went back to the earliest NetBSD that I could find with prep support and the .fs file in the installation/floppies directory were all (or almost all) too large.

alan