Re: Some binary pkgs for 7.0_BETA uploaded

On 1/7/15 1:14 AM, Frank Wille wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:07:56 -0800
Jeff Rizzo <riz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

I just uploaded the results of a partial pbulk build for 7.0_BETA for
powerpc to ftp.netbsd.org,
in /pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/powerpc/7.0_BETA.
Thanks. There are not so many packages which failed, but there are so
many important packages depending on them (e.g. SDL) making this pkgsrc
release is nearly useless for PPC users. :|

This is not a "release". This is "some packages I built to hopefully make things useful for 7.0_BETA testing"

These were built on a powerbook g4 over the last few weeks;
BTW, I made the experience that some packages are compiled with AltiVec
instructions, when you build them on a G4, so they will only run on G4
and G5 systems.

Hm. Other (non-ppc) ports generally set compiler defaults so that things will build for the "standard" platform. How can we fix this?

"stuck process" issues, because macppc just isn't stable recently)
All powerpc ports are more or less unstable since summer 2011...

OK, if you know the approximate date when things got unstable, we should do some bisecting... problems don't get fixed unless people work on them!

+j