Re: Some binary pkgs for 7.0_BETA uploaded

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:07:56 -0800
Jeff Rizzo <riz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> I just uploaded the results of a partial pbulk build for 7.0_BETA for
> powerpc to ftp.netbsd.org,
> in /pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/powerpc/7.0_BETA.

Thanks. There are not so many packages which failed, but there are so
many important packages depending on them (e.g. SDL) making this pkgsrc
release is nearly useless for PPC users. :|

> These were built on a powerbook g4 over the last few weeks;

BTW, I made the experience that some packages are compiled with AltiVec
instructions, when you build them on a G4, so they will only run on G4
and G5 systems.

> "stuck process" issues, because macppc just isn't stable recently)

All powerpc ports are more or less unstable since summer 2011...

--
Frank Wille