Re: Interrupt handling and routing: The Big Picture

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:49:45 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> The reason why the interrupt code looks like this is the fact
> that there are many powerpc boxes with several cascaded interrupt
> controllers
I perfectly understand that the code is that complicated because it
needs to be that complicated. The core interrupt code has to support
many different machines with very different hardware. This causes the
complexity. But I never did any work in that area before, so all the
details obfuscate the essential things.
German idiom: "You can't see the forest because of all the trees."

OK. I'll dive into Roberts code now. Thanks for the help.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}