Re: 601s and Open Firmware

Hello,

On Nov 4, 2008, at 7:44 PM, Henry Bent wrote:

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Marco Trillo wrote:

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:19 AM,  <hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost> wrote:
On Nov 4, 2008, at 11:25 AM, hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost wrote:
Seems like there are larger issues with the bootable CD right now. I am in the process of doing my own build of -current so that I can construct
my own CD to see if that clears anything up.

You may want to define the PPC_OEA601 option when compiling kernels
for the 7200/90, in order to enable the 601 support (it's not enabled
on GENERIC kernels).

I'll try that.  It may be what I need.

Burning my own ISO9660 CD of -current was successful. I was able to "boot scsi/sd@3:0,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC" and it loads the bootloader, prints the "no default partition" message and then dies with "DEFAULT CATCH! code=FFF00300".

So, no kernel output at all? That's bad.

What debugging output can/should I turn on that will be of use on the 7200?

Do you have
options PPC_OEA601
in your kernel config?

Btw. you can easily netboot pretty much any PCI mac with an onboard NIC.

have fun
Michael