Re: X server support?

Hi! Michael,

From: Michael Lorenz <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 23:52:30 -0400

> > I want support the X server for port bebox and prep.
> > What should I first do?
> >
> > I copied some files of /usr/X11R6/lib/modules of macppc.  And, mmap
> > tried
> > the map of 0xfc000000 and it failed though Driver was set to s3 in
> > XF86Config for bebox.
>
> Sure it wasn't 0xf2000000? That would be the Xserver trying to mmap
> the PCI IO space.

hmm...
I put XF86Config and XFree86.0.log's on bebox.

  http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/tmp/bebox/XF86Config
  http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/tmp/bebox/XFree86.0.log.s3
  http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/tmp/bebox/XFree86.0.log.vga
  http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kiyohara/tmp/bebox/XFree86.0.log.wsfb

It try using macppc's /usr/X11R6/lib/modules in case s3 and vga.  The case
wsfb is using ofppc's /usr/X11R6/lib/modules.

> Anyway, to get the S3 to work you'll likely have to support macppc's
> mechanism to mmap PCI IO space ( ofppc and shark use it too ).
> Basically - look at genfb_pci.c, grep it for PCI_MAGIC_IO_RANGE, pick
> an offset that's safe on your hardware ( it may or may not correspond
> to the real bus address of the PCI IO space but X and genfb need to
> agree about it and no PCI BARs should EVER be mapped there ). Put
> #define PCI_MAGIC_IO_RANGE 0xwhatever
> into param.h and rebuild both X and the kernel.
> If 0xf2000000 is safe just use it and you can use macppc's binaries.
>
> To build X on bebox or prep just do as macppc does ( as in - grep
> Makefiles under src/x11 for macppc and add bebox & prep )

I will try weekend.  ;-)

Thanks,
--
kiyohara