Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

On 19-May-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> Yes!
> See dmesg
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-bebox/2008/02/03/msg000000.html
>
> However it is strangely displayed.  I think either setting mistakes or
> insufficient.
>
>   ex.  >> NetBSD/bebox BOOT, Revision 1.5
>
>   vga displays  ;-<
>        >> eetBSD/bebox BOOT, ReBOOT, Revision 1v
>
> In addition, the character has gotten hoarse.

Well.. some of that is a known problem.  NetBSD -> eetBSD is odd, I don't see
that.  The hoarse character, the problems with alignment, etc etc..  those are
known issues, and why I do not like using the S3 mode switch code.

When I originally took over prep, that code existed, and worked on a CRT.  When
I hooked up my flat panel, it wouldn't even power on.  So I used the feature on
my flatpanel that displays the current video mode and basically just played
with the code until I got it as close as possible to the official text mode,
and the LCD powered up.  It's not perfect still, never will be.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/