Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

Hi! Tim,

From: Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:57:32 -0700 (MST)

> On 19-May-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> > BootROM of BeBox initializes some cards to the frame buffer.  For
> > instance, it is a S3 vga card.
> >                   ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > However, it remains about VGA like the Matrox vga card.  This can be
> >                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > initialized to the text mode of vga by boot_vga.  However, it is not
> > possible to initialize it to the frame buffer.
>
> Hrmm.. so your bootloader can switch a matrox card into text mode?  PReP's
> bootloader can switch an S3 card into text mode.  Sounds like we should trade
> code, as I have the exact opposite problem you do. (no matrox support in prep)

Yes!
See dmesg
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-bebox/2008/02/03/msg000000.html

However it is strangely displayed.  I think either setting mistakes or
insufficient.

  ex.  >> NetBSD/bebox BOOT, Revision 1.5

  vga displays  ;-<
       >> eetBSD/bebox BOOT, ReBOOT, Revision 1v

In addition, the character has gotten hoarse.

# And, I am using S3 Trio64V+ now.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara