Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

macallan%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> vga works on shark for instance,

shark has an openfirmware command that puts its vga chip into mode 3.

> and probably on alpha.

I think SRM console emulates x86 instructions to execute BIOS
on the card (and cats has the similar firmware).

> need to split up chipsfb and write chipsfb at ofbus glue ( or steal
> about 95% of it from igsfb at ofbus )

I have some piece of that code (though it didn't work on my DNARD yet).
Would you take it to test it on macppc?

> I'd say use a framebuffer console if the firmware sets one up. If the
> firmware uses VGA text mode use that instead ( and optionally a

arc has some MD vga_reset() code to put its GD54xx VGA chip
into mode 3 as prep bootloader does (yes, it's just a hack).
---
Izumi Tsutsui