Re: multi-architecture powerpc CD?

On 01-May-2008 Tim Rightnour wrote:
> Prep has an el-torrito image, and a fdisk/mbr on the head of the ISO that
> points to it.

This ended up being problematic. The IBM OFW understands a prep partition, and
ignores the CD because of it. Looking at an AIX CD, what they seem to do
instead is:

append the prep image at the end of the iso.
make partition 0 type 150 and point it at the cd9660 section of the cd.
make partition 1 type prep(65) and point it at the prep image at the end of the
cd.  It appears that the prep image lies outside the range of the cd9660
section.

I assume this needs to happen to get the firmware to look at the 9660 region
when a prep partition is also present. I'm not immediately sure how to do this.

Partition table:
0: unknown (sysid 150)
    start 0, size 1285932 (628 MB, Cyls 0-80/11/39), Active
1: Linux/MINIX (sharing disk with DRDOS) or Personal RISC boot (sysid 65)
    start 1296852, size 11424 (6 MB, Cyls 80/184/61-81/111/18), Active

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/