Re: Problems with disks on port-ofppc

On 03-Mar-2008 Havard Eidnes wrote:
> At least in my local build results, ofppc's MAKEDEV uses 13 for
> the rsd device nodes, so I'm not sure how 15 got in there. The
> etc/MAKEDEV.awk script appears to parse the various appropriate
> majors.* files to pick up the correct values for the platform,
> and judging by my local result it does this correctly.

Yeah.. I did an upgrade install recently, and it worked fine.  IIRC the install
kernel uses mfs dev too, so it must have been OK there.

Oh.. I just realized where this all went wrong..

>> I exploded the tarballs (except for the x11 stuff and
>> kern-GENERIC.tgz) from
>> ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/200802280000Z/ofppc/binary/sets

Thats 4.0.  4.0 on ofppc is broke, and you are trying to install -current
kernel.  You need the tarballs from HEAD.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/