Re: Some ideas to think about for the hackathon

# Tim Rightnour 2007-04-25:
> 1) unification of ext_intr_foo()'s.
> Lots of the ports have similar, or even identical ext_intr_xxx() routines.
> Rather than having each port roll thier own, I was thinking we could collect
> them all, and put them in a single file in powerpc/oea.

Yep, good plan, that's what evbppc does (well, the ibm40x systems) -- single
ext_intr() handles three different interrupt controllers with just a bit of
ifdefage.

> 4) Differences in the include files between ports.
> For example, macppc's bus.h is a really big complex file with lots of bus_dma
> stuff in it, while the other ports seem to be lacking that stuff.  It doesn't
> look very port specific at first glance.. so why?

Is there any reason why various powerpc ports couldn't just use generic
powerpc bus space/dma backends (arch/powerpc/bus*)?

Not sure I'll be able to make it to the hackathon, though...

        -- Jachym