LKM, evbppc, kernel symbols

Hi

I'm attempting to use the EV64260 kernel to load an lkm, but have had
very little success. In fact, I can't even seem to get PMON to
correctly load the kernel symbol table. I've even attempted to lift the
ELF loader code from the NetBSD source, but that got me pretty much the
same result as the PMON loader. The kernel loads
and runs correctly, but the symbol table is completely hosed (running
'nm /dev/ksyms' yields lots of garbage along with what appear to be
some valid symbols).

Has anyone tried this, and been successful?

Also, can anyone tell me why LKM support is specifically excluded from
the evbppc ports (i.e. in sys/Makefile)?

Thanks,
Ken Roberts