LKM, evbppc, kernel symbols

I'm attempting to use the evbppc kernel to load an lkm, but have had very little
success. In fact, I can't even seem to get PMON to correctly load the kernel
symbol table. I've even attempted to lift the ELF loader code from the NetBSD source, but that got me pretty much the same result as the PMON loader. The kernel loads
and runs correctly, but the symbol table is completely hosed (running ,nm /dev/ksyms'
yields lots of garbage along with what appear to be some valid symbols).

Has anyone tried this, and been successful?

Can someone tell me why LKM support is specifically excluded from the evbppc
ports (i.e. in sys/Makefile)?

Thanks,
Ken Roberts

Do you Yahoo!?