Re: Porting to 875

Hi Jared,

Good to hear about that. Actually I too took the port of mpc860 from tokuda.net
and I am using Analog & Micro 875 evalboard.

There are three regions in that board (A & M) and I have mapped those regions
as:
Region  VMA           PMA
IMMR:   0xfa200000  0xfa200000 for 8 MB (TLB 0)
SDRAM:  0xc0000000  0x00000000 for 8 MB (TLB 1)
flash:  0xfe000000  0x08000000 for 8 MB (TLB 2)

Further when an exception is set, it creates another mapping for 0x0 -> 0x0 for
8 MB for the real-mode to work I suppose.

I didn't make too much of modifications than this and setting the avail_start
and end of memory for VM.

I wasn't able to progress further than having the LED and serial driver
working.
Now as soon as I enable MMU the core freezes. Recently I purchased a wiggler to
check where the core faults. I was unable to step through as wiggler didn't
have single-step capability.

I guess since the TLBs are also set, there shouldn't be any exceptions taken at
that point.
I see that the LR was junk and PC was either start of m/c or softemu. I tried
disabling interrupts, bzeroing bss beforehand, etc. I am not sure why it is
faulting.

I would appreciate any help in bringing up this board.

Thanks,
Srini.