Re: Marvell/evbppc - netbsd-current

At 03:04 PM 3/19/2004, Steve Woodford wrote:
On Friday 19 March 2004 9:49 pm, Fraser Douglas wrote:
> It needs (for the ev64260 port) to define macros
> for:
> PHYS_TO_BUS_MEM
> and
> BUS_MEM_TO_PHYS
[in <evbppc/bus.h>]
> which I am afraid will most likely break other
> evbppc based ports if they are using that bus.h.
>
> Can anyone suggest a place to invoke those macros
> other than in that particular header?
>
> Possibly as an option in the config? (though that seems 'brutish')

I can't think of any other way to specify this. I've rattled up an
evbppc-specific defflag "EVBPPC_BUS_DMA_NEEDS_P2B" which DTRT if
specified in the kernel config file. If there are no objections, I'll
commit this.

As I recall, you just need the following definitions for the macros:

#define PHYS_TO_BUS_MEM(t, addr)        (addr)
#define BUS_MEM_TO_PHYS(t, addr)        (addr)

Don't even need that anymore.  I added gt_dma_phys_to_bus_mem and
gt_dma_bus_mem_to_phys to the gt dma tag.  Which effectively do the
above.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt%3am-software.com@localhost
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/