Re: -RS/6000

This is new?  I remembered: http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#601

> So the missing piece is MCA support.
Maybe this can be taken from i386...

> Booting a prep kernel would be interesting...
Hmm. I have a RS6000/250. I think I give it a try the next days.
I didn't know that the old MCA machines are "PRePish". port-prep
requires residual data (see panics in prep/machdep.c:initppc()) and
possibly ISA style serial / KBD / VGA IO. I don't have a clue about the
RS6000 MCA architecture. Are there some resources on the net?
--

tschüß,
       Jochen