Re: IBM NetStation

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:53:02PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> At 10:28 PM 8/14/2001 -0400, Joseph Mallett wrote:
> >Can anyone give me some information about the status of using NetBSD on
> >the IBM NetStation? Searches through commit logs and the website only show
> >someone mentioning adding support for some SiS ethernet chipset which the
> >NetStation uses.
>
> Which?  The 300 or the 1000?  I have the later and once I can figure out
> how to download a kernel to it, it shouldn't be long before I have netbsd
> working on it.

Er, it's a model 8362... From playing with the firmware, (iirc, it's been a
while
since I played with this thing hardcore) you can specify a host to pull a kernel
off of (as well as a path?) [or am I thinking about where it pulls the settings
from? as I said, it's been a while]... In any case, mine has IDE connectors as
well as the PCMCIA connectors (though not the 'port' -- this model didn't come
with pcmcia afaik)... If I don't fall asleep in the next few minutes, I'll have
mine up and I'll start poking at it to see what I can figure out.

--
Joseph Mallett, jmallett%xMach.org@localhost
xMach Core Team, http://xMach.org/