Re: powermac progress

Dan Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Dale Rahn wrote:
>
> > How far along in booting is the powermac port?
>
> Not very, but moving increasingly rapidly.
>
> As an aside, I think in the next two weeks I'll put up a status webpage
> for it...
>
> > I now have some access to a 6500 powermac (my wife's machine) and
> > think it would be nice if I could get it to run BSD on it from
> > a zip or something eventually.
>
> That'll be great...testers are always useful, although I wish you luck
> installing BSD in 100MB.  It's mighty cramped.

What is the console for the powermac port? is it openfirmware via the serial
port?

I have yet to get my other computers moved next to the powermac but still am
not certain if openfirmware will work because the modem port is "connected" to
the built-in modem, Will openfirmware work on the printer port in this case??

thanks
Dale