Re: Boot code of linuxppc v. netbsd

>Hi,
>
>Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow%geocities.com@localhost>  wrote:
>
>Dan> I'm trying to build a new version with only those
>Dan> sections... any idea on how to get rid of the .comment
>Dan> section?  The linux ld.script nicely packed all the
>Dan> others into what I think are reasonable places but
>Dan> didn't touch .comment; I assume it's a compile option
>Dan> to gcc somewhere....
>
>Isn't the strip command useful?  I didn't tried yet tho.
>
>powerpc-*-strip --remove-section=.comment ofwboot.xcoff

Actually, I found it - just pas -R .comment to objcopy when you make the xcoff.

>BTW, Rhapsody needs modified version of nvramrc to fix some
>firmware code... from Rhapsody Technote #1.

Ahah!  I will look at this, and see what it's doing, tomorrow.

BTW...has anyone had problems with md5.c in libkern wanting _KERNEL defined
but _KERNEL messing up other files?  I eventually had to add #define
_KERNEL to the file.  Also, some files wanted -D_STANDALONE instead of
-DSTANDALONE.

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow%drow.net@localhost                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |